Ok, a lot of people have sent this to my email and rather than respond to each one I am just going to post my answers here.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I am ALL about gift bags! When I try to wrap gifts they end up looking like a 4 year old did it...come to think of it a 4 year old would probably do better!
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. Real trees are nice, they make the house smell nice and piney, but they are also a mess. I know a lot of families get a real tree so they can have the 'picking out the tree' tradition, but I really like the 'putting up the tree' tradition my family has..so artificial it is!
3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? I leave it up as long as possible. If it were up to me I might even leave it up all year!
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes! Especially Cream of Weber Eggnog...mmm...might go get me some right now...hehe
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I don't know that I really had one particular favorite. I did receive some pretty awesome gifts as a kid though. I remember one year I got some Ninja Turtle pajamas...man were they cool! I put them on and ran over to my friends house to show her! LOL I also recall the year I got a New Kids on the Block backpack with matching lunch box. I really thought I was hot stuff then! Aww..man...the memories!
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, we actually have three. Our big fancy one is in the TV room, in the living room we have a little porcelain one, and in my room I have one of just Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus..it's actually one I made out of ceramics several years ago. Oh yeah I also have a snowglobe nativity scene in my room!
8. Hardest person to buy for? This year it was my brother. He is the kind of guy that if he wants something he buys it so it is very difficult to find something he would like that he doesn't already have.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My sister. She gives us her Christmas list about a month in advance!! Man..I love her!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I do a little bit of both. I like to send snail mail cards though, mainly because I love getting mail and so I think other people will to! I am not very good at sending the cards out either way though, I usually send out Thanksgiving cards instead. Just another way in which I'm a bit strange!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Pretty much whatever my Grandma gives me every year. It is usually something she found randomly lying around her house. Most of the time it is either already broken or just extremely pointless.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? mm.. I really love Mr. Krueger's Christmas! Oh and It's a Wonderful Life. I watch them both at least once every Christmas season.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I don't know, just sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas! hehe
14. Ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, I have! In fact, I've already done it once this year and it's not even Christmas yet!! Am I bad?? It's the thought that counts right?
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Hot Chocolate
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colors are fun and pretty, but I think the clear lights are better. They give the feeling of peace and to me that means Christmas.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Away in a Manger and 2nd would be Mary, Did You Know.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I stay here, I have no where else to go.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Absolutely! Aww...man...Now I'm singing in my head!
20. An angel on the tree top or a star? Gotta be an Angel.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We usually open one gift on Christmas Eve just before bed...the rest are opened Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The fact that it is always freezing cold!!!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? We kind of have a theme of red and white...I love it...not sure I'd call it my favorite though...don't really have a favorite.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? My family to be happy and me to be healthy.
There, now do you all feel like you know me better??
Consider the Reasons We Pray and Study
2 hours ago