Thursday, March 5, 2009

Minor Surgery

Ok, for those of you who have been wondering where I've been the last few weeks. I had to have a little mild surgery. I had an MRI and dr's found that I had inflammed tissue that was forming a pocket where some spinal fluid that was pooling up. It was causing me a lot of pain so the dr's went in and drained the fluid as well as gave me some shots into the tissue to help reduce the inflammation. It was a very painful procedure to say the least! It was basically like having a spinal tap only in my neck. I had to be awake for the entire procedure, so they couldn't give me anything of the pain until afterward. The change in my spinal fluid level made me pretty dizzy and nauseated for a few days. However, I am feeling much better now. The release of the pressure from the fluid has really made my head feel better. It feels nice to be back up and at it. Now if only the hair they had to shave would grow back faster!! I hate the little prickly pokes in the back of my neck! :0)

1 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Sheesh! I'm sorry you had to go through that, it sounds painful. I hope you get feeling better soon!