Thursday, February 12, 2009

Butterflies

Ok, so for any of you that were reading my blog before and are now joining me on my new blog I thought I would explain the reason for the change. I have recently gained a love for butterflies. You see a caterpillar enters a cocoon a caterpillar and a while later he struggles to come out of his cocoon all the while building up these new and interesting things on his back. Once he is out he starts to wonder what's happened, he's different, he is a little bit excited and a little scared to death. He's not sure how to use these things on his back, so he flaps one and it felt pretty good, so he flaps the other. Pretty soon he takes off if flight and soars around as a beautiful butterfly. This is a great analogy for my life. I've been a caterpillar for a long time, but then I entered a cocoon, I knew there were changes that needed to be made in my life and it was time to make them. Coming out of my cocoon has not been easy, but I know it is helping me build the strength my wings will need to fly one day. I am daily striving to become a butterfly, to learn how to flap my wings one at a time and discover the beautiful me that is emerging from the cocoon. I know that as I continue along the paths I'm on, one day I will find myself soaring around like a beautiful butterfly.

0 comments: