Sunday, February 1, 2009

Rough Weekend

Well life lately has been a little overwhelming. It seems like things were going well and then the last few days happened. I was at home Thursday night getting ready for bed when I had one of my spells. I woke up extremely nauseated and in a lot of pain. Turns out I had hit my head pretty hard on the way down on my cast iron wood burning stove as well as the rocky cement it sits on. I was up pretty much up all night throwing up because I was so sick from the pain. In the morning I finally found a ride down to the hospital where they did a cat scan that showed I had sustained a concussion and a small bruise on my brain. Can we say...painful!! I've been staying the last few days at my mom's house because I can't be alone. I have to be closely monitored in case of any swelling on my brain. I've been taking Lortab for the pain and other meds for the nausea that comes with being in so much pain. I talkied with the doctor today and they said if I'm not feeling a whole lot better by Monday they are going to redo the cat scan to make sure my brain bleed isn't getting any worse.

While I was in the ER waiting for the results of my scan my mom came in and told me she had just lost her job. This was horrible news. With my parents separation and my dad's lack of employment my mother is the sole supporter of this family. She is extremely depressed and struggling with what the future may hold for my family now. They are for sure not going to be able to keep the house and that makes my mom even more sad. She is scared she isn't going to be able to find another job at her age especially with the economy the way it is. However, she is thinking of going back to school and learning to do something different, I think it's awesome she's considering this idea. it shows me what a strong and dedicated woman my mother is. I love her!

Then Sunday night my best friend called to tell me his mom was kicking him out of the house and he had no where to go at all. My mom and I went and got him and he's been staying here with me at my mom's. I'm not sure how long that is going to be for, but I'm glad he's here and safe with a roof over his head and food to eat. He is such a good guy and deserves to feel loved and not treated the way his family treats him. Once again I love my mom for all she is doing for him. She has truly taken him under her wing and is helping him just like he was her own child. Did I mention that I love my mom!!

So, to summarize life isn't going all that well these days, but I have hope. I recieved a blessing from my bishop friday night and in that blessing he spoke about how the Lord is watching over us and knows what we are going through. These may not be things we would ever have asked for or wanted to go through, but I'm sure that Heavenly Father has a reason for it all and if we just take things one day at a time and trust in Him it will all work out in the end.

btw, sorry if there are a lot of spelling errors or this post doesn't make a lot of sense...keep in mind i'm drugged up on lortab right now!! I'll fix it all once I'm better and thinking more clearly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Tiffany! I heard about your mom the other day and I just can't stop thinking about you guys! Your family is in our prayers. If there is anything I can do please let me know. Sometimes life just doesn't seem fair! Just remember the Lord loves you and you have friends that love you too.

Anonymous said...

Seriously can't believe this, Tiff. Love you tons and your mom as well, but you know that. We're thinking of you and I hope things turn out better.

Anonymous said...

Thanks you two, I know my mom and I really appreciate your thoughts and prayers. You are both great friends. Love you tons!

Anonymous said...

Tiff you are in my prayers. I love you! I hope everything is better. Let me know if there is anything I can do.